Getting bored at home this winter? Get out and have some fun!
- Sign up for an adult ice hockey league! Form a team or hop onto your own, and make sure to bring your own stick!
- Sledding at Diamond Hill. Hit the hill for some sledding fun!
- Tubing at Yawgoo Valley. With tracks perfectly carved into this slope, you’ll be sure to have a great time!
- Check out a free museum. For example, the art museum at the Rhode Island School of Design in Providence is free for all on Sundays!
- Winter Farmer’s Market, Hope Artiste Village, Pawtucket, RI Find some local favorites!
- Holiday WaterFire, Providence River, Providence, RI. This semi-weekly Providence festival goes all out for the holiday season, with special bands, choirs, and artists that they bring in!
- Take a tour of an aquarium. While it might be too cold for the zoo, you’ll be able to stay nice and warm in an aquarium. Visit the Biomes Marine Biology Center in North Kingstown or the Save the Bay Aquarium in Newport.
- Go on a gallery night tour! On the third Thursday of every month, galleries from around Providence open their doors to the public. Official tours kick off at 5:30pm on the nights of the events from the Regency Plaza in Providence.
- Go to a hockey game Brown University’s nearby, and their women’s and men’s teams are sure to bring a great game!
- Grab a cup of cocoa with a friend. Winter is the perfect time to cozy up with a friend over a big cup of hot chocolate. Try the Duck and Bunny in Providence, you can munch on a crepe or cupcake!
Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!