It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and we are so excited to spread the holiday spirit throughout Providence! A few things to keep in mind before finals and going on break:
1. Sign your renewal or new lease before you leave, 257 Thayer is leasing at a faster rate than previous years.
2. Turn off all lights and unnecessary power.
3. Study hard for finals and have a fun/safe break this month!
So, you love desert and want to know what the best holiday dessert is? Why the answer is simple. Bourbon. Pecan. Pie. BABY. We’re talking the best of the best sugary treats to enjoy while sipping eggnog with the family after a big holiday dinner..
First, what you need:
2 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for work surface
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
3 tbsp. ice water
1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 c. sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
2 tbsp. bourbon
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1 c. chopped pecans, plus more for serving
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, for serving
Next, how to do it:
1. Make Piecrust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined, 2 to 3 times. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, 10 to 12 times. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until large clumps form (add up to 2 additional tablespoons of water if needed). Gather dough into a ball, roll into a 3/4-inch-thick disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes.
2. On a floured work surface, roll dough to a 13-inch round. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate; fold edges under to align with the rim of the plate; crimp. Freeze for 30 minutes. Line pie with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove pie weights and parchment and cool.
3. Make Pie Filling: Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, flour, bourbon, and salt and beat to combine, about 1 minute. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips. Transfer to prebaked piecrust, and bake until center is set, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Serve topped with whipped cream, chopped pecans, and chocolate shavings.
Hope you enjoy!!!